Chicago to Washington and then Washington to New York - all by train!
Travel between New York, Washington, and Chicago quickly and in comfort. Contact International Rail today for affordably priced rail travel information.
The United States of America is massive, and to visit all its
states would take months, if not years. Thankfully you can visit a
few of the most popular areas and still have an unforgettable
experience. Thanks to the wonders of rail travel, you can visit
Washington, Chicago and New York over the course of a few days,
without ever having to set foot on a plane.
With International Rail Travel, you can travel from New York to
Washington in under three hours and from Washington to Chicago in
under 18 hours, allowing you to experience three of America's major
cities without the stress of air travel.
Here are a few things you can do when visiting each city:
When you're in New York…
- Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see over 2 million
famous works of art.
- Take a photo on the 102nd-floor observatory of the Empire State
- Have a picnic in Central Park.
- Take a ferry to and from Staten Island for free.
- Visit the famous Katz's Delicatessen, a 127-year-old deli
famous for its lunches.
When you're in Washington…
- Visit the world famous White House.
- Take a stroll in the National Mall and visit the breath-taking
Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument, amongst others.
- Go take a walk at the incomparable Arlington Cemetery and see
the Tomb of the Unknowns.
- Experience the wonders of the various Smithsonian museums.
Entrance is free, and most of them are within walking distance of
When you're in Chicago…
- Visit one of America's most established ballparks, Wrigley
- Take a stroll through Millennium Park, taking a photo with the
Cloud Gate sculpture.
- Visit one of the last free zoos in the country in Lincoln Park
and view over 1200 animals.
- Visit Second City, the home of American comedy, famous for
launching the careers of Bill Murray and Joan Rivers
- Splurge on a steak at the Loop and North Side restaurants.
Chicago is famous for its steakhouses!
With so many sights, sounds and tastes to experience, you'll be
glad you saved money on your train ticket so you can truly enjoy
the best that Chicago, New York and, Washington have on offer!