Japan Hokkaido Pass Conditions
- Passes are in the form of an exchange voucher that
must be exchanged within 3 months from the date of issue at a Japan
Rail (JR) ticket office.
- Passes must be exchanged prior to your first train trip.
- Hokkaido passes cover lines operated by Hokaido Railway co. and
the JR Hokkaido buses lines. Excluding: Sapporo - Asahikawa,
Sapporo - Mombetsu, Sapposo - Obihiro, Sapporo - Kiroro, Sapporo -
Erimo, Hiroo & irrgular lines.
- Reservations can only be made locally.
- If you are traveling between stations (e.g., on a night train)
when the pass expires, the pass is valid for the day following the
expiration date. As long as you do not change trains.
- Japanese Nationals can no longer purchase this pass.
Who is Eligible to use a Japan Pass
- Foreign tourists visiting Japan from abroad for sight-seeing,
under the entry status of "temporary visitor." This must be stamped
in your passport.
- Exchange orders that have not been exchanged must be returned
to International Rail within 12 months from the date of issue.
- Passes must be unused and in original condition.
- A cancellation fee of 25% applies to approved refunds.
- Lost or Stolen passes are not refundable and cannot be
Original Condition - Not Exchanged, written on
or filled out and not damaged in any way.