Queensland Coastal Pass Conditions - International Rail
Queensland Coastal Pass
- Passes must be validated within 6 months of the date the pass
- Travel must be completed within 1 or 2 months of the validation
date on the pass.
- You cannot board a train without a reservation.
- This pass does not guarantee you a passage on any long distance
rail service. Reservations are subject to availability.
- Your Queensland Coastal Pass is valid for economy class seats
- Upgrades can be made for sleepers and first/business class seat
when making reservations.
- Upgrades must be purchased in addition to the pass and are
subject to availability.
- Travel can only be in one direction.
- Direct travel between Cairns and Brisbane is not permitted. A
minimum of one break of journey is compulsory.
- Surcharges apply on Cairns Tilt Train.
- Free travel on coastal coach connections that link the
east coast rail line with the Fraser Coast, the Whitsundays
- One journey on Brisbane's City network when in possession
of a valid ticket for travel on the Queensland Rail Travel
network to connect with a Queensland Rail Travel service.
- No concessions apply.
- Passport numbers and dates of birth are required.
- Any ticketed reservation not cancelled before scheduled
departure time of the service will render that sector unavailable
for future travel.
- Proof of purchase of you Coastal pass is required when
traveling on long distance trains.
- Validated passes are non refundable.
- Unused or validated passes must be submitted to International
Rail within 12 months of the date issued.
- A minimum cancellation fee of 25% for pass applies for approved
- Lost or Stolen passes are not refundable and cannot be
- See refunds.
- Passes are non transferable